The Grand Tour of Iceland takes you on an unforgettable journey around Iceland including the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and the magical West Fjords. These western areas are left unexplored by most of our visitors. Experience the spectacular splendor and untamed beauty of Iceland´s nature, breathtaking scenery and unique Icelandic history and culture. You will discover some of the most remote parts of the country and visit many well-known highlights as well. Our Grand Tour of Iceland features all the best the country has to offer. Each day combines touring by bus, going for light walks, enjoying soft adventures and experiencing Icelandic culture and history. We stay in simple and charming guesthouses, farm- and tourist-class hotels, many of them set in the most stunning locations.
Highlights and Experiences
• A complete coach tour around Iceland including Snæfellsnes peninsula and the West Fjords
• Visit 3 national parks
• Explore an 8000-year-old natural wonder Lava Cave
• Ferry trip to the West Fjords
• -See the scarcely visited waterfall Dynjandi, The Crown Jewel of Westfjords
• Soak in Vök Baths, Geothermal floating pools
• Boat trip between floating icebergs on Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
• Experience authentic culture, visit small local museums and take a selfie with an Icelandic horse
• See more sea-cliff birds than you can ever count (June-August)
• Small groups, maximum 20 persons
Please note that this tour books up quickly. An update on availability may not appear immediately at our website after the tour fills up. Kindly contact us to check for availability before making an online booking.
Day 1. WELCOME TO ICELAND
The Flybus shuttle brings you from Keflavík International airport to Reykjavík where you spend the first night in Iceland. You may explore Iceland’s capital city on your own if time allows.
Hotel Klettur, Reykjavík. (50km / 31mls)