The Grand Tour of Iceland takes you on an unforgettable journey around Iceland including the Snæfellsnes Peninsula and the magical West Fjords. These western areas are left unexplored by most of our visitors. Experience the spectacular splendor and untamed beauty of Iceland´s nature, breathtaking scenery and unique Icelandic history and culture. You will discover some of the most remote parts of the country and visit many well-known highlights as well. Our Grand Tour of Iceland features all the best the country has to offer. Each day combines touring by bus, going for light walks, having soft adventures and experiencing Icelandic culture and history. We stay in simple and charming guesthouses, farm- and tourist-class hotels, many of them set in the most stunning locations.
Highlights and Experiences
• A complete coach tour around Iceland including Snæfellsnes peninsula and the West Fjords
• Small groups, maximum 20 persons
• Visit 3 national parks
• -See the scarcely visited waterfall Dynjandi, elected "the most beautiful waterfall in Iceland" by Icelanders
• Ferry trip to the West Fjords, visit a lava cave, soak in a geothermal nature bath and boat trip between floating icebergs
• Visits to small local museums, cultural experiences and a horse show
• See more sea-cliff birds than you can ever count
• Overnight in Fellsströnd (day 5) and Borgarfjörður-Eystri (day 9), two locations that most visitors to Iceland never see
Please note that this tour books up quickly. An update on availability may not appear immediately at our website after the tour fills up. Kindly contact us to check for availability before making an online booking.
Day 1. WELCOME TO ICELAND
The Flybus shuttle brings you from Keflavík International airport to Reykjavík where you spend the first night in Iceland. We provide you with ideas how to explore Iceland's capital on your own.
Hotel Klettur. (50km / 31mls)