Explore the best of Western, Southern & Southeast Iceland in the wintertime: discover the Golden Circle, the Snæfellsnes Peninsula, the Blue Lagoon, the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and the Black lava beach. Climb a volcano, learn about Iceland’s earliest days at a Settlement Center, meet Icelandic horses, see turf farmsteads and churches. There is an optional ice cave tour at Vatnajökull glacier from October-April (weather permitting) and an optional Northern Lights by boat cruise from Reykjavík. Our Northern Lights Exploration series are designed to include the highlights of Iceland and aim to maximise the chances of seeing the elusive Northern Lights, most nights are spent in the darkness away from light pollution.
Highlights and Experiences:
• Track record of 85-98% chance of seeing the Northern Lights
• See amazing Icelandic landscapes mixed with soft adventure and cultural experiences during the day
• Climb a volcano crater and walk between two continental tectonic plates
• Visit the Settlement Center in Borgarnes
• Descend 35m underground into Vatnshellir cave situated under Snæfellsnesjökull glacier
• Relax in the Blue Lagoon and learn about living with volcanos
• See Icelandic horses and taste freshly baked hot spring bread
• Five evenings Northern Lights Academy
• Program offered in two group sizes: maximum 16 or 40 persons
• Optional ice cave tour at Vatnajökull glacier for departures between November 15th and March 15
• Regular departures (maximum 40 people) on Fridays
• Small group departures (maximum 16 people) on Tuesdays
Day 1. WELCOME to ICELAND.
Individual transfer by Flybus shuttle from Keflavik International airport to your accommodation in Reykjavik where you spend the night.
Dinner is on your own.
(50 km/31 mi)