Explore the best of Western, Southern & Southeast Iceland in the wintertime: discover the Golden Circle, the Snæfellsnes Peninsula, the Blue Lagoon, the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon and the Black lava beach. Climb a volcano, embark on a fjord cruise, stop at a shark farmer, meet Icelandic horses on a farm, see turf farmsteads and churches. Optional ice cave tour at Vatnajökull glacier from mid-November to mid-March & optional Northern Lights by boat cruise from Reykjavík. A bestseller with up to 98% chances of seeing the Northern Lights.
Highlights and Experiences:
• Track record of 85-98% chance of seeing the Northern Lights
• See amazing Icelandic landscapes mixed with soft adventure and cultural experiences during the day
• Climb a volcano crater and walk between two continental tectonic plates
• Visit a traditional shark farmer, turf farmsteads and churches
• Relax in the Blue Lagoon and learn about living with volcanos
• See Icelandic horses, taste freshly baked hot spring bread and enjoy a fjord cruise
• Six evenings Northern Lights Academy
• Program offered in two group sizes: maximum 16 or 45 persons
• Optional ice cave tour at Vatnajökull glacier for departures between November 15th and March 15
Day 1. WELCOME to ICELAND.
Individual transfer by Flybus shuttle from Keflavik International airport to your accommodation in Reykjavik where you spend the night.
Dinner is on your own.
(50 km/31 mls)