This tour is a fantastic combination of our absolute favorite things to do in Iceland, from the iconic sites of the South Coast and West to hidden treasures and local flavors such as lava caving, Blue Lagoon bathing, traditional tastes and storytelling and, of course, northern light hunting.
Get the ultimate introduction to Iceland! Visit the amazing highlights of both West and South Coast of Iceland. Each day brings unique experiences with local traditions and adventures that the Icelanders themselves love best, such as tasting traditional hot spring bread and and visiting a colorful lava cave. At the days end, relax in the Icelandic countryside for optimal viewing of the Northern Lights. We are proud of our carefully selected local guides who bring their own charm and flavor to this tour.
• Get the essential overview of Icelands varied nature and culture
• Hunt for the Northern Lights in optimal rural locations
• Visit the ever-changing landscapes Snaefellsjokull National Park with its mystical glacier
• Journey into the centre of the earth when on a lava cave adventure near Snaefellsjokull glacier
• View Kirkjufell, the most unusual and photographed mountain in Iceland
• Hear fun and fascinating tales from our local storyteller
• Walk along the continental rift at Thingvellir National Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
• Visit the Golden Waterfall and Geysir Geothermal Area
• Admire the black sandy beaches of the South Shore where the North Atlantic crashes on the shore
• Get up close to the enormous icebergs floating on the famous Glacier Lagoon
• Soak in the milky blue waters of the world renowned Blue Lagoon and enjoy its healing powers.
• Enjoy the insights and lively commentary of our knowledgeable local guide
Early Bird Discount 10%
Booking period: July 12th to September 15th 2019
Traveling period: October 1st 2019 to April 30th 2020
Please contact us to check availability.
Day 1. Arrival in Iceland
Upon arrival in Keflavik International Airport, head through passport control, collect your bags and go through customs to the Arrival Hall. Airport transfer is not included, but we are happy to help you arrange shared or private transfers.
Once in Reykjavik, check into your hotel. If you arrive early in the day, you might want to explore Reykjavik’s old town area, location of many museums and galleries. You might also enjoy visiting one of the city’s outdoor geothermal swimming pools where you can shake off your jetlag. In the afternoon you could take one of our day tours, such as whale watching or horseback riding, both bringing you close to Iceland’s nature and landscape.
Dinner is on your own. Reykjavik offers a multitude of restaurants and/or coffee-houses, making dinner a great way to get better acquainted with Icelands capital.
Tonight will be an information meeting (around 18:00-6:00pm) for people in the group to meet each other and to learn more about the tour.
Overnight stay in Reykjavik at Icelandair Hotel Natura (according to advised accommodation list).
Included on this day:
• Informational meeting at the hotel
Please note that most hotels begin check-in between 14:00 and 16:00 (2:00pm and 4:00pm).
Highlights: Reykjavík, National Museum, Hallgrimskirkja